Monday, June 26, 2006

A Step Back In Time





What a day this was, I recently ran into my old friend Yo who was visiting from cali, it turns out his best friend was getting married so they had invited us to the wedding when I met up with him at the club the night before. I haven't seen Yo in almost 10 years so you know it was bout to go down. The wedding was your typical vietnamese wedding, it was funny though to me, I had brought Zhuan and my boy Thai to crash it with me, and the whole experience was so vietnamese, something that I haven't experienced in a while. I felt like I was in an episode of "Paris By Night" (you'll only understand this if your vietnamese). It was really cool to be hanging out with someone from cali again, especially someone that I had grown up with. To make it even crazier my friend Yo was speaking vietnamese fluently and I don't mean the formal way, he was making jokes and had the lingo down pact, this was crazy because he is chinese and he never used to speak even a lick of vietnamese, me and Thai kept staring at each other in disbelief, I guess we were both expressing the same amazement from it all. We had a lot of fun and hung out until they kicked us out of the party, from there it was to the house to party into the morning light. I guess the morale of this story is learn to hold your liquor or you might end up like the guy in the last picture.

~I'd rather try and fail at something I love than to not try at all~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home